Featured on another blog!

An Italian blogger saw my work and decided he liked it enough to feature my work on his blog! It shows some of my pieces and there's an interview. There are some great artists on his site. Check his site out at partiarte.blogspot.com


Under the Sea

Finally done with this one! Here are the completed painted photos. The front window on the helmet opens, the shoulders and elbows are articulated, and the hands and claws are interchangeable. Copper, metallic grey, and light blue paint scheme using Tamiya acrylics. Overall height is about 9".


Under the Sea, Part II

This has taken much longer than I anticipated—learning as I go—but now the building part is complete! On to the painting!

From my original sketch, the elongated body in the first photos didn't work as nicely as I thought, so the body was shortened. The arms incorporating the flex-tubing that I used before was OK, but I wanted more articulation, so I went with a new design. The arms now bend and rotate at the elbow. I couldn't decide if I wanted clamps for the hands, so I built both, and they're attached with magnets... interchangeability! The helmet is attached using a magnet too, but the breathing tubes cut from the flexible neck of a USB LED light aren't as flexible as I'd hoped, so the helmet doesn't rotate—just as well, since real dive helmets don't rotate either.

My original paint scheme of an overall weathered bronze was poo-pooed by someone near-and-dear, so I'm having to rethink the painting...


Under the Sea

Finally working on a new project. A couple of work-in-progress photos.